As a car owner or lessee, you may ask yourself, “Is there a car dealership near me where I can learn what signs indicate I need new brakes?” If you do ask yourself that question, you simply have to visit Keyes Audi to learn what these signs are.
Here are some common indicators that you need to replace your brakes:
- Squealing or Screeching: Brake pads have a small metal shim that’s referred to as an indicator. When your brake pads get too worn down, the indicator will give an audible warning that sounds like a squeal or screech. This warning is telling you that you’ll need to replace your brake pads soon.
- Fading: When your car needs a longer distance to stop, it’s referred to as fading. If your car experiences fading, it could be a sign that you need new brakes. In addition to worn brake pads, an air leak or brake fluid leak can cause fading. Regardless of what’s responsible for it, fading is a clear indicator that your brakes need the attention of the technicians in our Audi service center.
- Pulling: If your car pulls to one side or the other when you press your brake pedal, your brake pads may be wearing unevenly. If that’s the case, you’ll need to replace them to prevent unnecessary strain on your steering rack, ball joints, and wheel bearings.
- Growling or Grinding: If you hear grinding or growling coming from your wheel wells, it typically means that your brake pads are completely worn down and your disc and caliper are rubbing against each other. If this continues for too long, it may cause you to have to replace your rotors.
- Vibrating: If your brake pedal vibrates when you press it, you may need new brakes because your rotors might be warped.
If you’ve noticed any of the warning signs mentioned above, make an appointment to bring your car into our Los Angeles, CA Audi service center today!