Whenever you’re shopping for an Audi vehicle in Los Angeles, you should visit Keyes Audi on Van Nuys Boulevard because we have a generous inventory of the latest Audi models. Our Audi dealership shouldn’t only be your destination when you’re shopping for a 2018 or 2017 Audi vehicle. You should also head our way if you’re looking for a reliable, stylish pre-owned Audi car.
Just like you should visit our Audi dealership when you’re in the market for an Audi automobile, you should contact us whenever you have a question about your current vehicle. One thing we’re asked about a lot is engine fluids. While many drivers know these fluids are essential to their car, far fewer seem to know how often they should check their engine fluids.
Here are five engine fluids you should check and the frequency with which you should take a look at them:
- Oil: You should check your oil every month. You should refer to your owner’s manual to see how often you’ll need to change your oil and oil filter. Your owner’s manual will provide guidelines for changing your oil in the contexts of time and accumulated miles.
- Transmission Fluid: You should take a look at your transmission fluid every month as well. As a general rule, you should replace your transmission fluid every 50,000-100,000 miles.
- Coolant: You should check your coolant immediately before the arrival of summer and winter every year. You should plan on replacing your coolant every 2-3 years.
- Brake Fluid: Your brake fluid needs to be checked monthly and replaced every two years or so.
- Power Steering Fluid: You should check your power steering fluid every month. Check your owner’s manual for guidelines about when you’ll need to make an appointment with our Audi service center near Santa Monica, CA to have your power steering fluid replaced.