Millions of Americans will be loading up their cars and hitting the road this summer. If you’re one of them, you may be wondering how you can make the most of the space that your automobile has to offer. Even if you drive the expansive 2017 Audi Q7, your SUV will only have so much room. With this in mind, everyone at Keyes Audi thought it would be a good idea to provide some tips about how you should pack your car so you can maximize its available space.
If you’ve ever wondered, “Is there a car dealership near me that can help me pack efficiently?” the answer is yes. Here are some tips you can use to pack your Audi vehicle:
- Refer to Your Owner’s Manual: To learn how much space you have to work with when your seats are in position and when they’re folded down, refer to your Owner’s Manual. When you know how much room is available for your belongings, you’ll have a better idea of what you can bring with you and what you might need to leave at home.
- Secure Your Heaviest Items: If your automobile has latches or hooks, use them to secure your heaviest items in place. When things shift while you’re on the road, it can affect the way your car performs. It can also increase your braking distance.
- Use the Right Luggage: Whenever possible, pack your cargo in soft luggage. Soft bags are easier to squeeze into tight spaces than hard cases are.
- Don’t Block Doors or Air Bags: Even if you have to leave some possessions at home, it’s critical that you avoid stowing items in front of your air bags or doors. This is true even when you’re traveling alone.
- Pack Outdoor Equipment Outside of Your Vehicle: While you may be tempted to transport something like a kayak in the back of your vehicle if you drive an automobile such as the 2017 Audi Q5 or the 2017 Audi Q7, you should resist doing so even if you’re only going a short distance. You can schedule an appointment with our Audi service center near Woodland Hills, CA to have a factory-made roof rack or another accessory installed on your vehicle to transport these items instead of taking chances on the road.
- Use Your Coat Hooks: If you’re bringing clothing that you don’t want to get wrinkled, be sure you make use of the coat hooks.
- Contain Your Small and Sharp Objects: If you’re bringing small items with you, store them in larger containers so that they’re easy to find. Make sure you put your sharp items in a container as well so they don’t damage your other gear during transport.
- Keep Frequently Used Items Accessible: It's good practice to pack the items you’re going to use most often during your trip last. This will ensure they remain accessible throughout the duration of your drive.
- Preserve Your View: Even if your car is equipped with a rearview or 360-degree camera, you still need to avoid packing your belongings above your backrest. Keeping your cargo below that height will help to preserve your physical view of the road in all directions.
We encourage you to follow these simple tips for a safe and enjoyable experience next time you hit the road. For any questions, feel free to get in touch with your local Los Angeles Audi dealership, Keyes Audi, today!